Call for CCAC Steering Committee Member Applications
Term: August 2021 – July 2023
Chicago Cultural Accessibility Consortium (CCAC) seeks new members for its Steering Committee. You may apply by March 31, 2021. This is an unpaid, volunteer position.
What is the Chicago Cultural Accessibility Consortium?
Founded in 2013, we are a volunteer-run nonprofit composed of cultural administrators and representatives from the disability community with a mission to empower Chicago’s cultural spaces to become more accessible to visitors with disabilities. Learn more at: ChicagoCulturalAccess.org
What is the role of the CCAC Steering Committee?
CCAC Steering Committee members are responsible for:
- Supporting the growth of accessibility and inclusion in Chicago’s cultural organizations, including CCAC’s ongoing professional development workshops, equipment loan program, accessible program calendar, and providing resources to support accessibility efforts.
- Fostering the growth of the Illinois Cultural Accessibility Network (ICAN), which provides professional development opportunities specifically focused on connecting with Illinois-based cultural spaces beyond the Chicago area.
- Facilitating a safe space for representatives from disability communities and cultural spaces to learn from each other and grow in their understanding of cultural accessibility.
- Advocating for connectivity and ally-ship across cultural sectors, in order to foster independent partnerships and resource-sharing beyond CCAC.
- Attend and contribute to at least (6) CCAC Steering Committee monthly meetings in downtown Chicago each year, in-person or via video conference. All meetings are currently being conducted remotely.
- Cultivate program offerings in collaboration with Steering Committee colleagues. CCAC’s Professional Development programming calendar typically runs September through June.
- Attend and support a majority of CCAC’s programs in Chicago each year. All programs are currently being conducted virtually.
- Participate in at least one sub-committee, such as Program Management, Fundraising, Marketing, etc.
- Be prepared to conduct business via email, responding promptly to CCAC-related email messages within (2) business days.
- Be willing and able to serve a 2-year term. Steering Committee members may serve multiple terms.
Ideal candidates will:
- Have experience with program creation and implementation, knowledge of accessibility technology, and/or administrative skills.
- Have professional and/or personal experience with disability and accessibility at cultural institutions. CCAC values the experiences of people who have disabilities; individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Have a passion for making and advocating for cultural spaces to be more accessible
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills from start to finish of assigned tasks.
- Are team players able to work in a cooperative fashion, and who are also self-starters.
- Have a positive “can-do” attitude – key for this volunteer role.
CCAC Steering Committee Application
Please complete the CCAC Steering Committee Application Google Form and attach your resume/cv where prompted. Note that this submission process does require a Google email address. If you require any assistance or are unable to submit your form electronically, please contact Info@ChicagoCulturalAccess.Org
Thank you! Submissions will be reviewed after March 31, 2021 and candidates may be contacted for a follow-up interview. If you have any questions about the application process, please contact Info@ChicagoCulturalAccess.org or call us at 708.574.5190.
Regardless of outcome, all applicants will be informed by email when decisions have been reached, no later than July 1, 2021.