Following the patron path, from outreach and initial point of contact through the visit’s conclusion, this workshop will offer a survey of services and programming that theaters, museums and other cultural institutions can provide to make themselves more accessible for visitors who are D/deaf or hard of hearing. Learn more about topics that will include:
- Offering sign interpretation
- Offering open captioning
- Providing assistive listening devices
- Reaching out to deaf and hard–of–hearing communities and organizations
- Creating a safe environment and providing strong customer service
- Serving a broad range of individual experiences and circumstances for visitors who aredeaf or hard of hearing.